Arboricultural Consultant Graduate Training Scheme 2021
SJAtrees is a leading arboricultural consultancy in the south-east of England with a team that includes two Arboricultural Association Registered Consultants. We provide a full range of arboricultural consultancy services with an emphasis on arboriculture in the planning system and we work with a range of prestigious commercial clients.
SJAtrees is looking to recruit a candidate for a fixed term Graduate Training Scheme based at our offices in Tadworth, Surrey with a view to the successful candidate being appointed as a full time Arboricultural Consultant on completion. This role will form part of and complement our existing team of surveyors and consultants.
As part of joining us as a graduate you will:
- be placed on a one or two year (depending on qualifications and experience) structured and mentored training programme which will involve gaining the relevant recognised qualifications, developing your skills through experiential learning and gaining technical knowledge;
- have a strong career development plan to successfully gain arboricultural consultant status;
- discuss your training and experience needs at regular progress reviews, ensuring you receive the support you require;
- be fully supported through relevant external training, funded by SJA;
- learn from some of the industry’s most skilled professionals with over 50 years’ combined experience;
- be encouraged to work with clients independently and within a team on a range of projects, to stretch your thinking and develop your skills.
The role will cover a wide variety of work, the majority of which will be focused on pre-development tree surveying and reporting but also includes tree risk assessment surveys, veteran tree assessments, woodland surveys, aerial inspections, tree valuation, supervision and monitoring of new building works close to trees and the production of plans using AutoCAD. Sites range from single trees to large developments with 1000 + trees.
Candidates need to be university-educated and if their degree is not in arboriculture or a closely related subject then they should also have a background of sound arboricultural experience in local government or tree contracting. They will also need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, IT literacy and a ‘can-do’ attitude. A full, clean driving licence is essential.
In addition to this dedicated training scheme, we offer pension contributions, a PPE budget and 20 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays).
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications and will be in the range of £24250 to £28250 pa. Start date as soon as possible.
To apply please email your CV and a short covering letter, setting out your relevant competencies to Frank Spooner email@example.com by 1st November 2021; or phone Frank for an informal chat on 01737 813058.
Whilst we are not always looking for any new staff, as our workload continues to increase, we will be looking for the right people to join our dynamic team. If you are suitably qualified and experienced and looking to expand your experience base, then we are interested to hear from you. Please write to us with a copy of your CV.
Posts we often look to fill include:
- Consultants: This would suit experienced arboriculturists with five or more years’ experience in the public and/or private sector. A level 4 qualification is also recommended.
- Surveyor Technicians: This would suit graduates or experienced contractors looking to gain experience in the private sector. A tree inspection qualification (such as the Professional Tree Inspection certificate) and a high level of computer literacy is recommended. AutoCAD experience is also of great advantage.